Poll: Would you like to have specific breed association import feature back?
This poll is closed.
YES
100.00%
3 100.00%
NO
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing from Breed Association
I came back to ranch manager specifically because the information was more detailed, bc of the import capability. I would love to have it back. If you agree, please note your opinion in the poll.
We have reintroduced import capabilities for the following associations: AHA, ASA, Canadian Angus Association, United Braford Breeders.
I would love to be able to import pedigree information from the AKC but I don't know that this is something they would even offer. We get charged $15 for a single online 5 generation pedigree that is only good the day it is downloaded. AKC does included health clearances and current championship title status on their pedigrees though.

Allstar Labradors

[Image: RL 150 150 WS Fall BG.png]
Allstar Labradors, Newburgh IN
www.allstarlabradors.com

I will investigate. In cases where the Association charges for data access though, they usually make it impossible to import data into software directly. We had this issue with some of the cattle breed associations as well. It may be possible to import the downloaded pedigree though (after purchase). What format are those created in?
I believe AKC's pedigree's you have the option of viewing HTML on screen and or downloading via PDF. The other source of free data access is offa.org which is the Orthopedic Foundation For Animals. OFFA's data is free but it is pedigree information is limited to those animals that have health clearance profiles which are listed as 'Public'. The flip side is OFFA health clearance database is second to none in the canine breeder world.

[Image: RL 150 150 WS Fall BG.png]
Allstar Labradors, Newburgh IN
www.allstarlabradors.com

I would love to be able to import pedigree information from the AQHA or LQHBA for horse
I am having issues with the import feature. It is freezing up after you put in the registration number and hit next. Is there something I am doing wrong.
Will you be adding American International Charolais Association to the import capabilities?