Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pedigree info
Is there any way that the pedigrees can be link to our breed association?  THat way when we put our registration numbers in the fields would auto fill?
Do you have a specific breed association in mind? We have done this for some of them, but in general, the interfaces have been very difficult to maintain due to periodic changes made at the association end.
(09-11-2017, 09:26 PM)lionedge Wrote: Do you have a specific breed association in mind? We have done this for some of them, but in general, the interfaces have been very difficult to maintain due to periodic changes made at the association end.

I would also like to know, Black Angus specifically. This would save me having to manually add 100's of animals to get pedigree info for breed planning. 

Thanks
(09-11-2017, 09:26 PM)lionedge Wrote: Do you have a specific breed association in mind? We have done this for some of them, but in general, the interfaces have been very difficult to maintain due to periodic changes made at the association end
The association I'm looking for interface with is the American Hereford Association, their tech is old as dirt.
I'm also interested in that, esp w inbreeding coefficient showing up on my screen.. My associations are PurebredDexterCattle Association, Legacy Dexter Cattle Registry, and American Dexter Cattle Association. Unfortunately I have some animals in each.
The old version was fantastic bc it had the Hereford association connected to it. I relied heavily on it for breeding plans and importing new animals. I really wish this version has this feature. I had to start my project over for our herd and before it was so easy, bc I could use my registration number to search the animals and import them into my herd.... now this is a nightmare. I've been adding animals manually all day and I'm still not done. There is more room for error manually also due to human error. I was using calf book bc it is a little easier to navigate, but the details aren't there and I loved the connection with the breed associations. Then I updated from the old version to this one and now the major benefit is no longer there. I think I may go back to calf book...

PLEASE BRING THE BREED ASSOCIATIONS BACK....
I would love to see the American Boer Goat Association added.