Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Litters
Is there anyway to add a birth after a animal is bred?  It in gestation tab it says estimated birth date and actual birth date and then actual days, but I can't figure out how to add edit the last two.  I also was wondering if there is a way to batch add a birth.  Say if you were trying to use this for pigs.
Once an animal births, the best way to proceed is as follows:
1) Start on the Herd Dams view.
2) Select the animal that has birthed (just select her, do not open her record).
3) From the “Actions” control select the appropriate birth animal action (Calve, Lamb, Kid, Foal, Birth, etc)
4) Enter the birth date in the popup and click “OK”
5) You are now taken to the animal editor for the newborn. Any data that can be pulled from the dam (and sire if associated) will be pre-populated. Enter the first animal’s information and when done, use the “Save and Add Another” button (it’s the save button with the “+” sign on it, right beside the save button). This will cause the current animal to be cloned and the data entered into it copied into a new animal entry. All you need to do now is add in the identification and update the gender if necessary.
6) Once you have entered the last animal, simply use the “Save” button in the bottom right corner to complete the process.
(11-01-2017, 02:35 PM)lionedge Wrote: Once an animal births, the best way to proceed is as follows:
  1) Start on the Herd Dams view.
  2) Select the animal that has birthed (just select her, do not open her record).
  3) From the “Actions” control select the appropriate birth animal action (Calve, Lamb, Kid, Foal, Birth, etc)
  4) Enter the birth date in the popup and click “OK”
  5) You are now taken to the animal editor for the newborn. Any data that can be pulled from the dam (and sire if associated) will be pre-populated. Enter the first animal’s information and when done, use the “Save and Add Another” button (it’s the save button with the “+” sign on it, right beside the save button).  This will cause the current animal to be cloned and the data entered into it copied into a new animal entry. All you need to do now is add in the identification and update the gender if necessary.  
  6) Once you have entered the last animal, simply use the “Save” button in the bottom right corner to complete the process.

You have made me very happy!  THANKS!!!
Continuing with this same question, I followed the above to enter a litter (puppies) for a dam.

When I click the Puppies view, they show up.
But even though I marked them for sale, they also show up under either Females or Males, with my adults, which just makes the list long.

Am I missing a setting to prevent them from showing up in my breeding animal list, or do they go away once I choose "mark" (I'm assuming that means to mark them sold)?
Yes, once the animals are sold, they will leave lists in the following year.